Cookie Cutter FAQs
Our cookie cutters are an excellent addition to any cookie cutter collection! Perfect for hobbyist or professional bakers.
MATERIAL: All of our cookie cutters are made with durable, food-safe, PLA plastic in the USA.
Not dishwasher or oven safe! Hand wash only. Please do not heat plastic or it will melt.
- Use cold cookie dough for the best cookie cutting results.
- Roll out your dough to spread it around so the dough is about 3/8" thick.
- Cookie cutters work best when rinsed off with water and towel dried, then put in flour before pressing into cookie dough. Use flour if your cookie dough starts to stick to the cutter. For cutters with more details, spray them with non-stick cooking spray before cutting into cookie dough.
THE LINECRATE COOKIE CUTTER RECIPE:
For "Perfect Every Time Cut-Out Cookies"
3 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup sugar (Tip: Store vanilla beans in your sugar!)
1 cup (salted) butter, cold & cut into chunks
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 tsp pure almond extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the flour and baking powder. Set aside.
3. Cream the sugar and butter. Add the egg and extracts, and mix. Gradually add the flour mixture and beat just until combined, scraping down the bowl, especially the bottom.
4. The dough will be crumbly, so knead it together with your hands as you scoop it out of the bowl for rolling.
5. Roll on a floured surface to about 1/4" to 3/8" thick, and cut into shapes. Place on parchment-lined baking sheets (Tip: Freeze the cut-out shapes on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before baking!), and bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Let sit a few minutes on the sheet, then transfer to a cooling rack.